Friday, April 26, 2013

♥ ♫♪ Hooty Birthday to Little Brown Owl ♪♫ ♥

Who doesn't love a birthday celebration?!! ♥  Today is the 3rd birthday of Little Brown Owl - three years since I decided to listen to my friends and do custom knitting for a whole bunch of lovely people I didn't know!  Wow, what a full-on, crazy, busy, hectic, fun, exciting three years it's been!!

So, what could be better than a Birthday Giveaway, just for you - all the wonderful people who have stayed with me and asked me to knit them all the things!!  Recently I was shopping a new yarn store I found on Facebook, called Tangle & Stash, as you do... and what did I find, but some hand-dyed wool in a colourway I just couldn't refuse - "Little Brown Owl".


So I snaffled it up and tried to figure out how I could use this lovely unisex yarn to create a prize for someone... Now, my time at the moment is pretty limited as I have a whole bunch of woolly orders coming up to winter, some gifts to knit, showcases to knit for, a family who all need jumpers and cardigans for winter and a 4yo who wants "sparkly socks" for her upcoming birthday!


So, here's the plan... rather than me knit something and it be the wrong size, I'm offering up a FREE custom spot as a prize to a randomly chosen entrant using this OOAK "Little Brown Owl" wool from Tangle & Stash!!!  AND - the winner gets to choose what they'd like knitted with it!  Perhaps you'd love a Milo vest, or a Hot Shot vestee, a Mud Puddles, or a Tama.  The options are almost endless - but please check out my available styles - here - and see what you like the look of!!  Sorry, I know there's a lot of choice! lol


 
So, what do you have to do?  Simple!  Like my Facebook page - Little Brown Owl, follow this blog, and comment below saying which style and approximate size you'd like to win (size will be confirmed with the winner following the draw).  Entries will close 8.30pm AEST Tuesday 30th April 2013.  I will use random.org to choose the winner.  Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy!!

***Important Edit***: I have about 434m of this DK/8ply machine-wash wool available here to use (although I may also be able to find a matching trim colour in my stash), therefore some larger garments won't be possible, nor would workable cloth nappy covers be possible (due to the machine-wash treatment of the wool).  If you're not sure if a pattern will work, please ask - and if I notice anything in the comments that isn't possible I'll let you know so you can make an alternative choice.


I can't wait to see what you choose to have knitted with this - good luck!!! :D

Lori xo

34 comments:

  1. I would love a Milo in a 9month size :)

    Mellzy Barker Matheson
    prettyblueeyes86@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I think this would make an awesome Ziggy Vest for my son, probably a size 5 :) Although you know this prize still means you have to knit it.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An After Hours Woodcutter in size 18mth would be amazing :D
    Rebecca illicium@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Little Brown Owl! What a great find that yarn is, just gorgeous. I would love a Muddy Puddles in a size 3ish. xo
    Jo Howard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 3rd Birthday!! I think this yarn would look great as a size 18m griffin :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on another milestone xxxxx
    I think a springtime in hollis would be gorgeous, size 1ish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 3rd Birthday Little Brown Owl!
    I would love an In a Pear Tree for my gender unknown newbie due in June - Newborn sized :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Shanon! You have won!!!!

      Delete
  8. Commenting on behalf of Nicole Wilson, who would like to win a Mud Puddles in Size 12 months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! How lovely!

    I would love a Baby Vertebrae in 6 month size, please :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 3rd birthday! Would love a size 1 in mud puddles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 3rd birthday! My little girl would LOVE a mud puddles in size 4!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 3rd bday! I'd love a size 1 springtime in Hollis for my little owl chick :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Posting on behalf of Kathryne Winn - who would like to be in the running to win a newborn Milo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday!
    I would love a Mud Puddles in a size 4 or 5! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. On behalf of Lee Beaumont - That Cheeky Kea in 9-12 month size

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so in love with that HotShot pattern! I'd love it for either the baby currently in my belly or for my 2yo son!
    And btw, such an awesome competition!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I would love the HotShot for my little man in 18-24 month size. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday to you !! I would love a baby verterbrae in the first size, dk, and a matching hat if there is enough wool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday lovely. Such amazing knits. I would love a dress for my 3 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Huge happy birthday! Id love to win The little hoodlum hoody for my middle little man I think. ♡♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a great idea and lovely yarn! I think I'd choose an After Hours Woodcutter for my 5.5 year old .... if you can squeeze on out of that yardage.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. 4th time lucky. I'm having issues with my technology not wanting my comments to go through! But happy birthday Lori! I'd love love love to win something knitted by you in this yarn, it would suit my 2year old brilliantly! I love the idea of a zigvest but can't bear to decide unless I'm the winner! Don't want to get too attached lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday! I would love a mud puddles in size 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I would add my name is Deanne Flenley on FB :)

      Delete
  24. For Sarah Jane Pascoe Kovacs - Mud Puddles for 2yo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eek my comment won't work! Tama size 2! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. No more entries, please - competition closed. :)

    ReplyDelete