Friday, May 25, 2012

Washing Autumn Away!

Wow!  What a wild, windy and wet day we are having today in Ballarat (and in so many other places around Victoria)!!  It's been such a cold Autumn, and now today the rain had arrived in one big dump.  We've had almost 40mm of rain so far... I think it's finally stopped.  So many puddles laying about and the wind is f-r-e-e-z-i-n-g, but the garden & the oat crop will be loving this rain.  As does my gorgeous little girl (who is just about to turn 4!!! What??!!!):



So while she has fun jumping in puddles (for 5 minutes until I bundle her back inside), I'm quite happy to snuggle on the couch with a blanket, hot cup of tea and my knitting.  Here's something I whipped up today for another little girl, Pepper who's just had her 1st Birthday (I think that deserved a capital 'B').  This earflap hat design is so fantastically unique and simply genius!  It's Reid by Shannon Passmore of Crafty Desires (knit it in DK, worsted or bulky).  I really do love knitting with awesome wool (who doesn't) and this wool really was awesome - Family Roots Willow Merino in 'Grapefruit Love' and trim:


Reid Hat by Shannon Passmore handknit in Family Roots Willow Merino 'Grapefruit Love'



Stay warm (or cool... depending on where you are right now... or what time of the year you read this...)!!

Lori xo

No comments:

Post a Comment