Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Sago on this Tuesday!

I find it rather apt that this afternoon, being a Tuesday I paid my good friend Sonya a visit and was privileged enough to not only sit on her new gorgeous leather the-size-of-Argentina sofa (this was no couch - this was something you could calmly recline on whilst floating away from a sinking ship!), but to also grace the old school house which is now the studio for Sago on Tuesdays.  Perhaps I should have requested a bowl of pudding whilst there...hmmm...
 
Sago on Tuesdays hand bound journal. Photo credit: Sonya Macdonald
 
Today began my journey to have Sonya make for me two very special journals that are one day destined to be in the hands of my two children - when they are no longer small children, but perhaps have children of their own.  Something that has been in my mind for such a long time, and how serendipitous that life has now led me to an incredibly talented binder and crafter who can create for us so much more than just a mass-produced notebook to write in.   

The contents will be important and special thoughts, quotes, memories, and life lessons for my girls, and when the time is right for them they can read the words and run their hands over the fine pages and know where they came from.
 

As you can see in these images, her work is exquisite.  Now comes the hard task for me of choosing a style (although I already know I'm rather fond of the soft leather wrap journals such as you see above) and all the design details (you know - the paper choices, whether to add album pages or not, to get a matching keepsake box or not... the choices are endless).

I'll let you know how I go and how the final journals look...and feel and smell...  The story of the journals being made will also form part of the story that is written on the pages, and that makes it all the more special.


Lori xo

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful idea, keep us posted with what you choose. Do you have ideas of what you are going to include? I like the idea of little lessons, quotes etc I journal for my boys but I think I need to tie in a few more elements to complete what I want to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely up date with what we choose - I love Sonya's work so much :D Check out her website - she does a lot of customising for people, so if there's something she does that you'd like to fit in with what you already have she'd be happy to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lori, thank you so much for your generous words.
    It was a pleasure to show you the bindery and chat about the possibilities
    for journals for your two lovely girls.
    I'm glad you liked the new lounge.. It is indeed an indulgence,
    but all four of us can sit in it together in front of the fire and chat, read, watch tv,
    joke around, crochet, play transformers (the boys, that is)... Wonderful.

    Lets blog our journey to find the perfect bound companions for you to share with your girls.
    Thanks again,

    ~Sonya~. X
    www.sagoontuesdays.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your loungesuit! It's awesome and I totally understand why you invested in it! :D

    I look forward to seeing more of your work, especially our personal items :)

    Lori xo

    ReplyDelete