Friday, April 20, 2012

Yarn Tragics Anonymous

Have you noticed that little widget over there to the right?  That little box that boldly boasts, "I've knit XX meters this year"?  Okay, so for my non-US readers, please just ignore the fact that it spells "metre" in US English (I try to ignore that myself - I can't seem to change it).

My yarn stash - everything sorted nicely!  :)
So, what does this mean?  It means that so far this year I'm averaging about 1km of yarn knitting per month!  This sounds like a lot, right? (Well, I know of others who can knit 1km in 3 days!)  So I'll knit about 12km by the end of the year, right?  So, that means I'll have no yarn left and have to buy more, right?  Um, no.  So, so far from the truth! :P

Ravelry is the most awesome online knitting/crochet website (but it is so much more than just a website - it's like a virtual city built of yarn and needles and crazy people like me who sniff wool!), and it has a scary tool that allows you to see how much yarn you have stashed.  I just used this tool.  Why oh why did I do that?! 

However, it wasn't quite as bad as I expected!  As long as I'm going to be alive and able to knit at this same rate or even faster for another 5 years, I will be able to use up all that yarn!!  Oh, and in that 5 years I have to buy no more yarn...  Anyway, this means my fears can now be allayed that I may have been suffering the terrible syndrome known as SABLE: Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy. 

I can hear your brain now ticking over, calculators coming out, etc as you work out how much yarn I actually do have! lol   First one to figure it out and post it in a comment wins a hug!! :D  

Who's brave enough to add their own stash measurement?

Lori xo

No comments:

Post a Comment