Thursday, April 26, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Little Brown Owl!!


Wow!  My baby is 2 years old today!!  About this time (well, perhaps a little earlier in the evening) back on 26th April 2010 a facebook page was launched for the first time - Little Brown Owl.  We had a different logo back then, but after a couple of months of not being happy with the little owl I had before (I don't think I even dare show its face again!) I was so happy to meet the gorgeous little owlet you see knitting away up there in the branches!  (Thanks again Amanda from Amanda Riley Invitations for bringing to life the idea in my head and creating a character that bizarrely appeared to be an owl-version of my youngest human child!)



My first custom knitting was for some friends ordering knitted washcloths for gifts (thanks Michelle & Kerryn!!).  This continued with two years of frenetic (yet joyful) knitting to create handmade joy in the form of vests, dresses, skirts, cardigans, beanies and cloth nappy woollies, and the frustration of never seeming to have the time to sew - with the irony that sewing is so much less time-consuming so glaringly obvious

It's been a crazy-busy 2 years, and I'd like to thank you all for your support and hope to continue spreading the woolly love for many more years :D

Stay tuned - our facebook page is about to hit 1000 likers (perfect timing!) - and I have an awesome Giveaway currently being planned to thank you!!   The boyish option (yes - there will be two options!) is currently on the needles and a sneak preview will hit your screens tomorrow.  Meanwhile, here's another sneak peek of the girly option.  :P



Lori xo

No comments:

Post a Comment